into the light

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Good Grief!!!




That is about all I can say to sum up today.  Work was horrendous, and mostly we what expect on a Saturday night. Everyone has their hands full just trying to get through the shift. The Podium and Control officers?  Sainthood must be on the horizon...lol. Not kidding, it's really bad. I was in Podium, and thank goodness for Charles Landry and John Judy, without them I would have floundered from the first moment.  It is definitely not a one person job on Saturdays. It's two full time jobs given to one person to manage.  One just to assist the general public for lost and founds and paging purposes, calling hotels and taxis,  and one to handle assigning staff to jobs and balancing the schedule.  Granted they did not stay with me during the whole shift, but I value both of them for their  assistance and advice.
We were so close to crash and burn towards the end of the shift, and not my fault either. Maintenance problems with the trap where chip runs come from has been an issue for several weeks. Tonight the door decided to stop working at a vital time for runs.  I could look out and see several hundred people who's entertainment would come to a stand still if the dealer could not pay for the wins. Geez!!  It was emergency repair done on the fly ( by our supervisors)  to keep things running, and that seems to happen each shift.

I know that I am not the exception,  every Saturday is a challenge. We are living on the edge every Saturday, and more staff would be the best answer to the problem.  Unfortunately,  that is not something that can happen, we get some, we lose some.  And  Please!! fix the damn door!!!

  I survived another Saturday..whew.  Again I will echo the wish..if they would pay better we could keep guards and other staff members.  There has to be more of us to handle the increase in customers, we are severely outnumbered.  It would certainly benefit the customer satisfaction numbers.  And if wishes were horses, my stable would be full.

kel
goodnite..Gilly is pouting again.