into the light

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

spring has sprung

I have never been a believer in 'spring fever', but I swear I am feeling it now. Maybe it's just the last 2 days off spent working all day to get ready to move.Maybe it's a slight depression as I think about the past as I wrap up to move on. But I am really tired tonight, and going to work for a few hours tomorrow, back home to pack more, then back for the merry weekend from hell that friday and saturdays have been for a while now.

I did see my first Robin today, though I am sure they have been back for a few weeks. My daffodils (which I won't get to see bloom) are poking up, and my hyacinths are getting ready to bud. The forsythia I planted last year has spikes of yellow flowers starting. I am going to miss it all, my planning and planting from last year. And..I won't get an opportunity to have a real garden again..at least not in the future I see ahead of me now.  Wow..a whole part of who I am..gone. I am going to go through withdrawal, I am already feeling blue about it. Potted plants..not the same as digging in the dirt and nurturing new life. Another thing taken away..sigh..now I am sad.

I'd Better go..spring is supposed to be a happy time, everything turns green again, birds sing, flowers grow. To me..spring will be a cold home alone, no gardens, and no one to talk to.
Getting weepy now..good night.