into the light

Sunday, February 27, 2011

work

I just want to know..what is it about Saturdays? I swear, it was like working in a New York train station, or an airport. Constantly dodging people. Even heard some of the guests saying it was too crowded. You'd think we were Atlantic City or something.  I ran what was left of my ass off..now I am assless.  On on of my last runs, out to Pit 6, I discovered an 10-10...what is that you ask? A highly intoxicated patron..a no-no. It is part of our code of ethics that no one who is hampered by a high intake of alcohol be allowed to continue to gamble. So when we find them, we call someone to kick their asses out. My radio..low and behold..decided to stop working at the same time I was calling it in. Yes, there I am, standing with a 6.5 foot biker leaning against a railing and I could not switch to the right channel..&*%^%$%!!  I did the best I could, passing the description to podium and control, and still they lost him, only to find him a few minutes later.  How can you lose a man that tall wearing a harley davidson shirt  and bald to boot? Argh. I was so tired of trying to cut through the masses, come 2320, (11:20 for non military time) I was ready to bolt for the way out. So glad tonite is over with. Each saturday seems to get worse. Not enough of us for the work that needs to get done. We ran from 1430 to 2330 non stop.

Well, I've stayed up too long again..sigh..but I did dear readers actually sign up at a dating site!! ( yeah me..the scardy cat) I'd like to find out how I am matched...lol. I am already nervous as to the results. Not ever again going to use a chat room, or 'other' similar place to find someone. That was a mistake the first time I did so. So, I am not getting my hopes up, but I am kind of curious.They were pretty thorough in their questions. Wish me luck..or at best some laughter.
g'nite..and hugs
kel