into the light

Monday, August 29, 2011

1979, a good year

1979, an interesting year and a starting point for my adulthood. I met my ex-husband and started dating him. Music was much cooler, 80's rock was starting to bloom, punk rock was making it's mark. My parents had their first split, causing a chain reaction that affected my future career wise, I dropped out of Nursing school, and have regretted it ever since. I got my first car, "Bertha Butt", one of the Butt sisters, who used to back fire and scare the neighbors, lol. Oh..and the shirts with vest, jeans with high heels? They were in style, just as they have come back into style now. (I knew I should have kept them...lol.) Going to school and working full time did not wear me out, sleep was secondary. I was an assistant manager at a taco joint, and made pretty good money for that period of time. I also worked for a while in fine jewelry, and it was the last time in my life I ever wore high heels to work.

I hung out at the beach with my friends, and blushed and sighed over my boyfriend. I was much more naive than kids are today. There were no worries about bills, creditors, making ends meet. It was a very good year. Sometimes I wish I could revisit that, and appreciate it more. I have asked for that time machine before, and I'm still waiting.

k