into the light

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom,



You have been in my dreams so much lately, perhaps because of how much I miss you.  It is always there subconsciously,  the need to share and still have you with me, settle down for a nice late night chat.  Your advice and non-judgmental support is sadly missing in my life.   When I close my eyes and dream at night you come and give to me what you can in my dreams.  I always wake up wishing that you were still with us.

You lived with your share of problems, but never once turned your back on your children, even if they were not being respectful and loving.  Any stray person or animal that crossed your path would find a home with you while they needed it.  Open door and open heart, which is the part of me that you gave me that I am most grateful for. I can think of a few other attributes..tenacity, a warm heart, perseverance,  faith, and respect, good manners, and the ability to be able to talk with anyone.  My love of gardening was passed from you to me.  You taught me well, and I thank you for that. 

I wish everyday that you were still here, and had not left me to go with God. But I know that where you are you are at peace and have no more pain. Please don't stop visiting me in my dreams...it is really nice to see you there.

Love you Mom, and Happy Mother's Day,
kel