into the light

Saturday, May 7, 2011

being used

being used
for what you had to give,
that was me, the purse in your eyes.
mercenary.,that was you,
Get what you can while you can.
Easy mark..that was me.
wanting to believe that you really loved me.

Not knowing what love really is, that is you.
Sexual desire? No.
Tenderness and touching?
No. You took that away.
Keeping someone till you used them up?
yes that was you.
Wanting to believe that love would fix the problem?
That was me.
Being honest and truthful?
Definitely not you.
To me or yourself.

Taking what you could while it was there and you needed it?
That was you.
Moving on to a new mark?
That was you, endlessly.
Appreciating what you had,
not you.
Destroying a life?
That was you. Planned and carried through
without remorse.
Destined to reap what you sow?
That is you as well.

Starting over:
that is me.
Starting over?
So not you..you continue your same story.

Robbed of a life, furry kids, and a future?
That is me.
The one who stole that life? ..that is you.
What have you left me?

Destined to repeat mistakes?
That is you.
Destined to fight for survival?
That is me.

Never to trust again?
that is me.
Always to use women as commodities?
that is you.

what's in it for me?
that is you.
what is left?
that is me.










,