into the light

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A walk around Charles Town

Just a short note tonight. Julie came over and helped me raise Mom's shelf in the bathroom so that my cat collection could once again be blessing a new home. Still have a hole with no hanger in my bedroom, I so did not do that right. Hopefully Patrick will be able to help me get my plant into place, and fix the peep hole, lol, but that is next week. Tomorrow is back to the dentist to figure out why my bottom jaw is hurting.  Then I think I shall spread my wings and venture out alone to explore. No other plans, Thursday is the usual laundry and light cleaning, other wise lazy. I have become a midnight food shopper at the local Walmart. My days are spent doing other things. I love that the food store and red box are very close now, and I have a choice of 3 places each, less than a mile from home.

Julie and I walked a little around downtown Charles Town today. I have lived in this area for over 4 years and this was the first time I have done more than drive through the town on my way to work.  The buildings are old, and have changed hands likely more than we will ever know. We stopped into Needful Things, which I always presumed was an antique store, but it's not, it's a Thrift store. The furniture prices were reasonable, and I might go back and check for new/used  love seats for my place, though I would prefer a sleeper, so that company could have someplace to sleep here.

Next stop, a very old hardware store where it seemed the clerk could read minds. He knew just what 2 women were trying to describe and found the part. I think that maybe the store may at one time been a general mercantile store, or a post office, all kinds of cubby holes.

I am slowly learning short cuts around town with Julie's help. Found that damned park (lol) that I spoke of in an earlier blog, it really is not far from home, and has a swimming pool. Drove past some beautiful older homes as well. It is unfortunate that West Virginians are so dead set against zoning, because the neighborhoods here are a weird mixture of well kept older homes, and some down right shacks. I feel for the homeowners.

Well, Gilly is interrupting my blogging tonight. He has been talking more (m-e-o-w!!) than he ever did before,. and looks forward to play time at night. Today, Julie's third visit, he came out and visited..with me..while watching her..a big giant step for him. We had been sitting and talking for hours, and he had been hiding all the while in the bedroom. He is still desperately bored, and likely even more lonely than me. But it is good to see some adjustment at last. However, he continues to lose weight, but is eating some.

I promise something more introspective tomorrow..hugs..and good night.
k