into the light

Thursday, March 3, 2011

weird dreams and portent horoscopes

  It was a wild night last night..carousing and hitting the town..well, it was in my dreams anyway. Strangely enough, my ex-husband played a large role.  We were all dressed up in Atlantic City, and he was trying to score weed. (Lmao!) I am fairly sure it was a blending of memories, since we did go to A.C., but he was not looking for that.However, he did while we were in Jamaica. He looked much the same, and I don't recall any emotions stirred by the dream. We had a largely amicable break up, especially since he was already set to become a father from the girl he turned to when we had troubles. I felt smothered by him, and stuck in a black hole where I could see myself doing the same chores, having the same non-existent conversations, watching the same re-runs..and having the same summer over and over again. We had grown apart slowly as the years went by, but I was the only one who recognized that.

Now the portending horoscope..was a hoot. It said that I would be approached by someone from my past ( and as I said ..what past?-I have only truly had 2 men in my life that I actually had a relationship with) contacted in either an email or a phone call. Yeah..right. Now understand, this reading was done after my dreaming, not before. It also said this could mean a hot romance or greater wealth...and now..I was rolling and snorting up laughs..and wondering..who in the hell writes these things, and do people really believe them? Most of the time they ambiguously hint at good things that we all might like to see come true.  It's a rare one that makes dire statements of doom and gloom. So in its on way it's like reading the funnies. Good for a few laughs, but you have to realize that it is fiction.  If you believe half of what you hear and read these days, then P.T.Barnum has a classical ballet for you to take in. (that is as in PT Barnum's circus if you need clarification) Something to the effect as " There is a sucker born every moment.", I think that was his quote.

So..read the funnies, read your horoscope, but don't be taken in by false promises. You get enough of those in real life.