into the light

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Life's weird ironies

It's really funny the way life works sometimes.  When R and I were still a couple, money was always an issue, and of course it still is for both of us separately. I did my best to move up in a low paying job to get at least a little more on my checks. I jumped through hoops, chased after managers to see when training would be offered, and slowly made a small difference on the pay checks, and I mean small. Shortly after I jumped through the hoops to get something more, work gave an increase to all the guards, and then offered more frequently the required training.  That is irony #1. Now everyone can get there faster than I did.

Irony #2...I had always (in our past) wanted to keep my time off the same as his, because I felt it was quality time, and I  wanted to share my days off with him. ( why? because I loved him) When possible promotions were talked about, and also the possibility of different days off, and different shifts, I talked about it with him. He felt that I should take it, he said money meant more than time spent together. This was all coming close to post engagement and proposal some time late November and early December.  I knew that something was going on with him, his behavior and my instincts were screaming at me that there was a threat to my heart closing in. So I knew if I took that new position (theoretical at that point there was no open job) with slightly better pay  working a shift that would separate us, that he would have every opportunity to cheat and it would be hard for me to know if something was really going on. So I indicated to him that I really wanted our time off to be the same. Honestly, the pay was not going to be much better than I currently make.
So..what is the irony here you ask? Well, he cheated anyway...made plans to remove me from his life in the coldest possible way, which he succeeded in doing. Now after we are no more...I am offered the promotion on a different shift. Lol..I will likely take it, there is no more worry that he is cheating, it is a known fact, and 'WE' as a couple are no more.

So..now I am waiting for the third irony, for don't all strange and weird things happen in 3's? I hope at the least it is a pleasant surprise. Good night all.
Hugs, 
K
Tonight's song : Isn't it Ironic -Alanis Morsette