into the light

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Into the Great Unknown

I'm not walking on the moon,
or in search of the deepest depths,
I'm starting over in life,
one without regrets.
Though this was not my choice
I venture now alone,
and take my first steps,
into the Great Unknown.
What will the future bring me?
Only time will tell,
but my strength to move forward
was from friends who always mean well.
Those years I spent waiting
for someone to love me in return
were a prison of my making
and in the end I was left spurned.
If I had been to myself true
I would never have stayed,
but I lost a battle in head and heart.
and in then end was betrayed.
So tomorrow I will set forth,
to begin a brand new life,
not waiting and wishing to someday
be that certain someones wife..
The joy I shared with friends of late
reminds me that I can
be someone special
without being attached to
one particular man.
I shared laughter today
unexpected when I feared tears,
because they all shared with me
something I had not felt in years.
People who like me for who I am
and not for who they wished I could be.
So as I start my move forward,
I can shed the sorrows of the past,
I have found again the person I was,
I have found 'Me' again at last.