into the light

Friday, March 25, 2011

How do you explain to a Cat..

Together we had 4 furry kids, starting with Jasper and slowly growing to our current brood. Now, I know a lot of people discount the feelings and thoughts of animals as insignificant, however, I do not.  They are just as sensitive to feelings and disturbances in their lives as people can be, and have no way of expressing that in words, so you get behavior changes. They have been picking up on the vibes here before I even knew that something was going on. Someone kept getting his bathroom rug pooped on..why? Because he smelled differently I believe, the scent of someone else. We have had our share of bad behavior since this all started, and it has not ended yet.

So, how do I explain to the three cats who must stay that I am not abandoning them? I rarely cry over 'him' anymore, but I do over them. They have all been clingy in their own ways as the packing progressed.  They know something is happening, and not to their liking. I hope in some way that they know that this was not my choice, the decision to change all our lives was not mutual, just the wants of one person, again..I say selfish. I'm sorry if you feel that getting your rocks off with any new person you can find to give you your jollies is not a selfish act..it is. You Never attempted to work things out..you wanted and You took, and you dumped.  I never believed that whatever our problems were that they were not able to be worked through. Giving up without trying is a cowards way of running away from real to fantasy.

So, I am not the only one who will suffer the changes you have forced. They will miss me terribly, and they will blame you, for how could they not? I did not change..you changed, and not for the better. Happy, Happy, Happy..that is all you ever quote..find your happy. (the operative word being Your) It still comes down to cheating, Not only did you cheat me, but them as well.
We are no longer a family, and it shows in their behavior to each other, and will show in Gilly's enforced loneliness to come. Play your games..it will come to mean nothing quite soon.

And I will miss the cats terribly, But Not you.