into the light

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a day..with promise

Soon this will all be bad memories.
Tomorrows dawn will bring light and new promise.
and these years of mistake will fade.

Today began with promise
I battled through some moments
of doubt, but I believe I will prevail.
I can see hard work and determination
a course I am set to follow.
I will steer my way through...
despite you.

I can see you heading towards crash and burn,
it is looming on your horizon.
Why? Because it was earned.
Through every selfish act,
and cruelty that you did share;
it will tip the balance to 'Not you'.
There are no rewards.
Only the continued dissatisfaction
that you carry through life.

Your dipping into philosophy
might help you see why,
but you seem unable to see yourself.

A day with promise..for me, and not you.

There are no rewards for bad behavior.