into the light

Sunday, November 20, 2011

One Day forgotten

**from my poetry blog.~k


You feared being alone,
so you gave it to me.

Your ego needed boosting,
so you cheated, on me.

You had anger and wanted to hurt,
so you hurt me.

You had fear,
so you ran from me.

You took all the bad and unhappiness,
and blamed it on me.

You took my love
and tore it to pieces,
never caring how many times
my love was thrown away as if it was worthless.

You punished me for loving you,
and I still ask myself why?

You took the good and buried it
in your mind, smothered by the bad you created.
Making everything that was right wrong
so your next excuse was ready to be used.

How can someone so smart do so many
dumb ass things?

I still ask myself that as well.

My waiting for your next shot designed to tear apart our love,
and you waiting to deliver it.

One day in a parked car in Culpepper
Our life together held so much promise,
but it was conveniently forgotten by you.

It was much easier to run away.
And pretend nothing good ever happened.

You hold onto to bad memories like gold,
and discard the treasures in the trash.

Regardless to what you say about your now,
it too will someday be a part of your past.