into the light

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am

I am...
a beautiful mature woman.
I am witty (sometimes sarcastic-it's genetics.)
I am fun to be with, and have a wicked streak
that catches  people unaware. (I get a kick out of watching their faces 
stop in surprise then burst out laughing, because, yes..I did just say that.)
I never stop learning, or reading to learn,
though I do prefer fiction to dry testimonials.
Vivid characters take you on a mind vacation..cheaper than flying.
My true friends love sharing my company.
I don't show my optimistic side to the world,
but it is there, hidden in my dreams.
When I work, I work hard, and enjoy doing it.
( though Lord knows a better paycheck would be Very Good)
I am deserving of respect, because I am 
old fashioned and I have earned it,
by living a life my parents and grandparents would be proud of.
I love watching my gardens grow, and nurturing them to see
the beauty emerge, sharing it with all who would care to see.
I have depth not always shared, especially if I do not believe it appreciated
by those around me.
I may be past the age of first bloom, but I have much still
to offer the world, and someday someone special who will share it with me,
and appreciate Me for who I am.
I have little patience for people who think respect should be

given without earning it.
(I swear at other drivers in the privacy of my car.)
I love music, though frankly it has been missing from my life for
a while now...
I love creating.
I am a woman. I have emotions and feelings, and they show.
I am past the point in my life where constant affirmation
and attention is demanded, proof of love...pay attention to me...not me.
Once..said sincerely..and truthfully..is enough.
I am someone who appreciates their own company.
I have no problem spending time alone, but fear always being alone.
I detest people who manipulate and lie...and have no problem showing it.
I have no patience with falseness of any kind.
I am a beautiful mature woman.
I have my own history, because I have lived.

I have survived the worst of it.
I am here.
You'd better believe it.